VISION - Inspiring Dreams * Empowering Minds * Strengthening Community
MISSION STATEMENT - Our purpose is to create pathways to intellectual, social and emotional success for all individuals we serve by fostering positive relationships and adding value to the greater community.
Registration for the 2017-2018 School Year
Date: August 2, 2017
Where: High School Cafeteria
Time:12:00pm - 7:00pm
JH Baseball Tryouts
July 31st, beginning at 9 a.m. on the HS baseball field for students entering 6th-8th grade.
ALL students MUST have a physical to try-out. No student will be allowed to try out without a current physical on file.
Don’t understand the Common Core?
This short clip explains it in “regular” language.
This year with all our staff changes our theme is “Growing Where You are Planted”. As we begin a new school year remember these 9 steps in your preparations.
- Appreciate things about the place you are employed. Try to put yourself in the shoes of someone that has never been to your building and classroom. Why is it unique and a great place to work? What do you say about your employer? To others? On Social Media? Grow yourself and grow others.
- Spend time with your colleagues. They should be people that are your cheerleaders. Talking with them and doing small things to show you care for them will only improve your days.
- Keep track of your goals. Always begin with the ending in mind. Break your goals into small pieces and accomplish a little bit every day. Don’t chase success. Decide to make a difference and success will find you. Decide to work with passion and purpose and happiness will find you.
- Go with the flow. Accept that you cannot control everything and make the best of the situations you are presented with. Being flexible in life make for a lot less stress and hardship.
- Keep a balanced lifestyle between work and school.
- Be friendly and talk to the people you interact with daily. Every person has many interesting secrets and characteristics that are worth discovering.
- Participate in your community. Get out and help others. It makes you feel wonderful! When you serve in small ways you get more opportunities to serve in bigger ways.
- Accept the things in your life you cannot change and work to change the things in your life that you can do something about.
- Finally, have a positive outlook on life. It is all about your attitude. Do we complain to others about our boss, colleagues, and students? Our buildings will only be a positive place if we look and act in the positive. Build up instead of tear down! Often when I am having a bad day I will force a smile on my face and I will end up smiling for real.
The Seed by Jon Gordon is an amazing story about Josh an up and comer in his company who has lost his passion at work. Challenged by his boss to take two weeks and decide if he really wants to work there, Josh takes off for the country, where he meets a wise farmer who gives him a seed and a promise: find the right place to plant the seed, and his purpose will be revealed. As Josh travels the country to decide where to plant his seed, you'll find surprising new sources of wisdom and encouragement in your own work and life! If you are searching for your purpose and are ready to leave your mark on the classroom, then plant this seed of inspiration in your life! FY17 will be an amazing year. Where will you seek to grow this year? The choice is always yours. What are you going to contribute to Momence CUSD #1? It’s about you playing your part to the best of your ability. It’s about you living the purpose you were created for. Life is about you and what you do is up to you. Make a decision to make positive choices and help to change lives. You may be the only positive person your students see each day.