Momence High School
Momence High School
101 N Franklin St, Momence, IL 60954
Follow us on Twitter:
|Student Council: @MomenceStuCo||Fall Play: @momencedrama||Momence Best Buddies: @MomenceBuddies|
|Momence Basketball: @MomenceHoops||Momence Cheer: @MomenceCheer||Redskin Softball: @momencesoftball|
|Momence Football: @MomenceFootball||River Valley FFA: @riverfalleyffa||Redskin Football: @momencefb|
Follow us on Instagram:
Seniors Class of 2018
Best wishes to the class of 2018. Be the BEST of the BEST! Have no regrets and determine your "Why!"
Special thanks to Mr. Anderson for forwarding the 11 Traits of the Best of the Best by Mr. Jon Gordon. I couldn't have said it any better.
11 Traits of the Best of the Best
1. The best know what they truly want. At some point in their lives, the best have a “Aha!” moment when their vision becomes clear. Suddenly they realize what they really, truly want to achieve. They find their passion. When that happens they are ready to pay the price that greatness requires.
2. The best want it more. We all want to be great. But the best of the best are willing to do what it takes to be great. The best don’t just think about their desire for greatness; they act on it. They work hard and do the things that others won’t do, and they spend more time doing it.
3. The best are always striving to get better. They are always looking for ways to learn, apply, improve, and grow. They stay humble and hungry and are lifelong learners.
4. The best do ordinary things better than everyone else. For all their greatness, the best aren’t that much better than everyone else. They are simply a little better at a lot of things. They work hard to master the fundamentals. They don’t do anything different. They just do the ordinary things better.
5. The best zoom focus. The best focus on what matters most and tune out distractions. Distractions are the enemy of greatness and the best don't let distractions get in the way of their growth and improvement.
6. The best are mentally stronger. Life is not a sprint or a marathon. It’s a series of sprints combined with a boxing match. You’re not just running; you are getting hit along the way. The best are able to overcome adversity and challenges. with mental and emotional toughness.
7. The best overcome their fear. Everyone has fears. The best of the best all have fear, but they overcome it. To beat your enemy, you must know your enemy. Average people shy away from their fears. They either ignore them or hide from them. However, the best seek them out and face them with the intent of conquering them.
8. The best seize the moment. When the best are in the middle of their performance, they are not thinking “What if I win?” or “What if I lose?” They are not thinking “What if I make a mistake or miss the shot?” They are not interested in what the moment produces but are concerned only with what they produce in the moment. The best define the moment rather than letting the moment define them.
9. The best tap into a power greater than themselves. The best are conductors, not resistors. When the best look back on their life and accomplishments they know they didn't accomplish it alone. They know a higher and greater power guided and fueled them on their journey.
10. The best leave a legacy. The best live and work with a bigger purpose. They leave a legacy by making their lives about more than them.
11. The best make everyone around them better. They do this through their own pursuit of excellence and in the excellence they inspire in others. One person in pursuit of excellence raises the standards of everyone around them. And as they strive for greatness they bring out the greatness in others.
Link to the article - 11 Traits of the Best of the Best
Senior Class of 2019
We didn't forget about our senior class of 2019! We wanted to share a few important items with you as well.
John Baylor with OntoCollege (http://www.ontocollege.com) has some very good advice for seniors and their families. He has three important ideas for seniors to complete during the Fall of their senior year that will help ensure they're staying on track for their post-high school plans.
Need Internet, but cost may be a factor?
Comcast has affordable high speed internet available to families who financially qualify. Following is the link:
MHS Athletes of the Month
May Student-Athletes of the Month
Asya Crossley is the May Female Student Athlete of the Month. Although only a freshman, Asya worked harder than anyone else on the squad, dramatically improving her 400 meter time from 70.23 seconds in the first meet to 64.84 seconds at Sectionals. With such significant daily effort and attention to every detail shared by her coaches, Asya placed third and was SO close to qualifying for the IHSA finals. She is an encouraging teammate, with a bright future in track. Asya brings that same positive determination and effort to excel to the classroom, and is an honor role student.
Alex Emery is the Male Athlete of the Month for May. As a four year varsity track athlete, he was the most consistent performer on the track team this year, and led by example as the team captain. He ran the anchor leg of the 4X100 meter relay, and also ran both the 100 and 200 meter sprints. Alex was our only athlete to compete in every varsity meet this year, earning medals at both the conference and sectional meets. By challenging himself to get better every single day, Alex set a strong example and was a very positive influence on the young team.